As the only Game Lodge in the southern region of Namibia with free roaming lions, the Kalahari Game Lodge
is a haven still to be discovered, situated on the eastern border of Namibia adjacent to the Kgalagadi Trans Frontier Park, just 18 km from Mata-Mata.
Arriving at the Kalahari Game Lodge, you can choose between camping or staying in one of eight luxurious chalets. Chalets are equipped with a small kitchenette, as well as an en-suite bathroom, and have a lovely patio overlooking the Auob Riverbed.
As you enter the Lodge, you will melt into its relaxing atmosphere where you can enjoy ice cold refreshments on arrival and sit down to a delicious meal at the new Restaurant which caters to all the specific needs of the guests, surprising them with fresh ingredients and satisfying meals amidst the harsh and hot environment. The pool oasis will keep the children entertained while you can relax and recharge.
Game Drives can be booked with some of our expert Guides to accompany you, enlightening you on all the animal gems hidden in the Kalahari dunes. Kalahari Game Lodge hosts a large range of mammals which includes Gemsbok, Springbuck, Brown Hyena and our Pride of Lions. Self drive trips can also be done, as well as various other activities are on offer like the Birding Safari, Star Gaze Evening trips or Hiking over the Kalahari Dunes.
Offering Camping as well as beautiful rooms with all the luxuries you will never expect at such a remote place - Kalahari Game Lodge invites you to come and experience the other side of the Kalahari.
Accommodation at Kalahari Game Lodge:
Chalets are equipped with a small kitchenette, as well as an en-suite bathroom. Each Chalet also has a lovely patio overlooking the Auob Riverbed, where you can enjoy your morning coffee as the sun rises over the Kalahari dunes.
Selected Chalets are equipped with a braai area outside that provides you with the options of enjoying your dinner under the stars or you could just sit around your own campfire relaxing in the cooler evening air.
The chalets are furnished with double or three-quarter twin beds, covered in crisp white linen bedding, rooms are open and spacious, providing you with the wonderful comforts of luxury living in this desolate and remote area. The design of the chalets and lodge allows for the natural circulation of air to maintain comfortable temperatures in the hot summers and creates an inviting atmosphere in the chalets.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Curio Shop
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Swimming Pool
Kalahari Game Lodge Activities:
Kalahari Game Lodge has open vehicle game drives all year round. There are three trips to choose from - the Scenic Game Drive, Lion Tracking Experience as well as a Night Drive which opens up a whole new look on the amazing nightlife of the Kalahari. Daily trips can be pre-booked, ensuring that you can make the most out of your stay by enjoying all three trips while you are here.
- The Scenic Game Drive focuses on all the plant and animal species found in the area - our Game Drive guides are very knowledgeable about the Kalahari bush and passionate about every living creature found. They will educate you on details from the smallest of insects to the tallest of trees - ensuring that this experience will be long-remembered by all. The drive also routes through the most picturesque Namibian landscapes and ends watching the Kalahari sun setting over the red dunes before returning to the warm comforts of the Lodge.
- The Lion Tracking Experience is the most exciting of all the game drives where the collared lions are tracked down guaranteeing an excellent encounter with the king of the Kalahari. These magnificent animals are the highlight of any Africa safari trip, and to see these Lions in very close proximity is a very special part of what the Kalahari Game Lodge offers. Guides take pride in sharing their knowledge on the lions and educate tourists to fully appreciate the uniqueness of the area.
- Kalahari Game Lodge is the only place in Namibia where you can still see free roaming lions, surviving the desert conditions through centuries.
- On the Night Drive the Kalahari sand dunes takes on a whole new life. Sightings of rare animals like the Pangolin, Aardvark, Striped Polecat and the rare Brown Hyena are often made. The complete darkness of the Kalahari brings all the nocturnal animals to activity, and the dome of stars covering you makes this one of the most memorable Kalahari activities.
Kalahari Game Lodge Map:
Other Accommodation near Kalahari Game Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Kalahari Game Lodge include:
Guest Rating: (9 reviews)
Mata Mata Restcamp in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park is situated on the banks of the Auob River on the western boundary of the Park. The camp borders Namibia and is surrounded by thorny Kalahari dune bushveld.
per unit, Max: 2
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
The Kalahari Tent Camp in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park welcomes you to capture the spirit of the land of thirst. It is situated high up on a red sand dune, overlooking a waterhole in the dry bed of the ancient Auob River.