Grunau Country Hotel
has been a favourite stop over since the 1970`s. This warm, welcoming hotel with its distinct tower has changed hands a few times over the past 40 years. Thus we are proud to say that the Grunau Country Hotel is under new ownership since March 2015.
Along with a face lift which includes a fresh coat of paint and friendly faces there are a few changes to our menu as well. Our A la Cart Restaurant prides itself in serving only the highest quality of meat which ranges from beef to locally supplied game, lamb and pork. We serve traditional dishes such as lamb stews and even curry tripe for the adventurous. In addition to our restaurant we have a fully equipped ladies bar.
Grunau Country Hotel is conveniently situated on all the major routes to and from South Africa. We are only 90 km from the Fish River Canyon. We offer a shuttle service (by prior arrangement) to hikers who plan to hike in the Canyon. Ai-Ais Hot Springs is only 110 km from Grunau.
Accommodation at Grunau Country Hotel:
- Six double en-suite rooms each with 2 single beds.
- 2 x Three en-suite rooms with one double bed and one single bed.
- 2 x Four- / Five-bed en-suite rooms with a double bed and two or three single beds.
- 8 x Two single bed rooms (outside ablution)
- 2 x Four single bed rooms (outside ablution)
- Four caravan-/campsites are available with water and electricity points.
- We sell braai-packs as well as half/whole lambs, frozen and portioned. Ice and braai-wood also available.
Loved the stay and will recommend strongly.